Tuesday, December 9, 2008

starbucks

This morning as I was helping Ada get ready, Elliot asked me if I wanted coffee for the road. Meaning that he was going to make me a latte for my travel mug that I could drink on my way in. Ada heard this and immediately stopped what she was doing and ran to the door shouting "COFFEE, I WANT COFFEE". Now before you think we have already started Ada on a steady drip of caffeine, Ada gets either a steamed milk or a cold milk from Starbucks when we go out for coffee. This is usually a Sunday morning treat when Elliot and I are still rubbing the sleep out of our eyes and Ada needs to burn off a little energy.

Well this morning I needed to desperately get out the door at 7:45 or earlier due to my first meeting time, so a motivated Ada was a good thing. Elliot and I told her we could go to coffee if she hurried up and got her shoes and socks on. Ada took this as MOMMY needed to get her shoes on. So she ran back to our bedroom shouting "Mommy get your shoes and socks on." Like I was going to ruin the whole coffee opportunity for her.

We managed to get out the door on time and as soon as we got to Starbucks, Ada busted through the door and ran straight to the cooler where she picked out her milk and handed it to Elliot. You could almost see the sigh of relief as she watched Elliot pay for her milk and hand it back over.

If she is this addicted to Starbucks now, I'd hate to see her after pulling an all nighter.

No comments: