Friday, August 7, 2009

maybe she is my daughter

I've often wondered out loud how Ada could possibly be my daughter, after all her love of all things pink and purple and fairy princess, and frilly doesn't really fit with the scrapped up knees tomboy youth I remember. Add to that her refusal to wear anything but long flowing, twirl worthy dresses, jelly shoes or high heel princess shoes and Ada really had more in common with my sister Julie than she did with me.

So image my surprise when all of a sudden this week she started rifling through her t-shirts and shorts to find the most athletic variations she could find! Yup, our little princess has insisted on wearing nothing but "running clothes" for the entire week.

Not sure if it was the weekend with the Evan's boys or her taking her little runs up the hill after her rocket ship (aka jogging stroller) rides more seriously, but finally the tomboy is starting to emerge. And I hate to admit it, but I love it. She isn't any less adorable in her running clothes and now maybe, just maybe, she might be interested in learning the best way to fall down to make it look like someone tripped you, or the secret to pulling someone down by their shirt without letting the ref see.. or maybe just the best way to scale up the side of the tree out back. All things I am an expert in.

Because let's face it - Ada already has me beat in the art of walking in heels, accessorizing, and picking out fashionable getups. Now we both have something to share.

No comments: