Thursday, December 3, 2009

pucker up

Ada has become VERY good at saying good-bye when we drop her off at school, saying good-night when we tuck her in, and basically really embracing her affectionate side.

The process goes like this... When I drop her off I say can I have a hug goodbye? Ada stops what she is doing and gives me a nice hug and then turns and puckers up and plants a kiss right there on my lips. Same sort of thing at night.

We find this cute and really we were just encouraging the hugs - the kisses she picked up from watching Elliot and I when we say goodbye to each other. In fact in the morning she will often DEMAND a kiss from Elliot after he bestows a quick peck on me.

For the most part this affection has been limited to our family and a few close friends. Until yesterday that is... When I picked her up from school, and finally convinced her to put her books away so we could leave, she ran over to her buddy Reese and said, "Reese I'm leaving, bye!" (this was new development #1) Reese responded with "Can I have a hug?" (new development #2) Ada obliged and I thought to myself, Ahhh how cute. But that is when new development #3 happened. After the cute classmate hug, Ada pulled back and puckered up and planted one right on Reese's lips.

Then Ada walked away and coughed. I think I now know how that day care crud is getting passed along.

2 comments:

SeaDog said...

I am so-o-o-o-o glad you are back!!

triliea said...

Great story!! Definitely how daycare crud gets passed...

When George picked up Pano one day.. all the kids were riding in a buggy with Pano and another little one in front... and Pano and his 'little friend' were holding hands!!

And I agree - glad you are back in the blogging business!

=-) liz