Tuesday, March 25, 2008

desk potato

Ada has one great guilty pleasure. Not candy, or binkies, or even running around naked. All of those she gets really really excited about, but all of those things she could live without if forced to. Ada's one guilty pleasure is her baby signing time DVDs. She LOVES these, well actually just volume 1 as this is the one that she requests all the time. She will be playing in the living room or her bedroom and then all of a sudden, she'll get up, grab one of our hands and lead us back to the office, walk over to the Mac desk, and motion violently that she wants up. And if you don't lift her up, immediately, she throws a little fit. Once on the desk she will situate herself so that she has her legs out in front of her under the monitor and her face about 3 inches from the screen. She has even started to figure out how to put the DVD into the Mac Mini so she can get her 'Bebe' - she says this as she does the sign for baby - there is no way you can resist when she does this.

Her baby signing time is the only time she will sit still for more than two seconds, and I'm not really sure it is any better for her than watching TV. I try to convince myself that because she is actually learning and she wants to watch educational programming she is just extra driven when it comes to her education. But really, I think I'm starting to raise a desk potato with an unrelenting work ethic. Now I'll just sit back and wait for her future bosses to thank me.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I just found your blog. I have to admit that we have three potatoes at our house (more if you include me). My kids LOVE Baby Signing Time and the entire Signing Time series. When people tell me that they limit television for thier children, I don't think that Signing Time is included. My children have learned so much from the series. If you haven't stopped by the forums, you should pop on over (www.signingtime.com).