Thursday, April 24, 2008

ada loves daddy

Every day when I drive Ada home she sits, looking bored, in her car seat, waiting. Waiting for the time when we pull into the driveway and she knows that she is just moments away from seeing her DADDY. When she sees the house she immediately starts shouting, "DADDY! DADDY! DAAAAADDDDDYYYYY!!!!" And some days she is lucky enough that Elliot hears us pulling into the driveway and he comes out to help me unload the car, in those cases, she gets to see DADDY right away. She loves those nights.

So last night as we were driving home Ada was looking particularly bored so I started going through her list of words. Recently she was able to say a version of the word "love". Doesn't surprise me she hears it about 600,000 times a day thanks to her over obsessive mommy. Anyway, as we were going through all of Ada's words she said "love" really well, so I thought I'd try out a "I love you" which she got pretty good, so we then tried "I love Daddy" which was again a success. When we got to "I love Mommy" she had grown bored of the exercise and said something like "yellow". I'm trying not to take it personally.

We moved on to some other words and did some car dancing, forgetting all about Ada's love fest. Until we got home of course and she started her "DADDY" demanding. This was Ada's lucky night. Elliot heard us pull in and came out to help out. So when he picked Ada up, I asked her if she could say "I love Daddy" and of course she did, loud and clear.

I think I saw Elliot's heart melt as his body simultaneously twisted so that it was wrapped around her pinkie finger.

No comments: