Friday, April 18, 2008

baby gifts

Elliot and I are preparing to leave on our first non-Ada travel EVER. We are going all the way to Boston to run the marathon on Monday and Ada gets to stay in San Diego with her Auntie Katie. So all week I've been trying to prepare Ada for what is to come this weekend. Telling her that mommy and daddy are going on an airplane - which is followed by 5 minutes of Ada pointing to the sky or the ceiling saying airpane, airpane, AIRPANE... next we tell her that she will get to go to soccer and hockey with Katie and that she will probably also get to hang out with Thea, Katie's dog - followed by a chorus of doggie, doggie, DOGGIE!! I'm not sure how much she understands, and how much she thinks I'm just trying to get her to work on her vocabulary, but this morning, after polishing off her milk she snuggled in for a little cuddle time, and I thought, well maybe she knows we are going to be gone soon and she is giving us a little going away gift. Then she kicked Elliot in the chest, and elbowed me in the face and I realized she was just suckering us in so she could REALLY let us know how she feels about this trip.

No comments: