Thursday, October 28, 2010

singing voices

I'll admit it - I'm a car singer. I don't even care if I'm traveling with other people, if a song comes on that I like - or even just happen to know the words - I'm singing along like I'm the next big star.

This has apparently rubbed off on Ada. Although she doesn't seem to care if it is a song on the radio or a song in her head. She hears music and she is singing.

Tonight as we drove home from work/school she asked me to sing a couple of songs with her. As we were belting out our version of the ABC's - way off key and a little loud - Ada piped up: "Rockstars sing really loud, so if I sing really loud I'm a rockstar" (the volume took an even louder turn). Next she piped up with: "When girls sing with their eyes closed they sing loud". I'm only guessing that she had her eyes closed because the volume once again hit a new level. I was eventually saved by a phone call (thank you built in Bluetooth) otherwise I'm not sure I'd have a voice left.

Fast forward to later in the night as we drove home from my soccer game. Ada starts to sing "The wheels on the bus" with what can only be described as the most interesting crowd ever present on a bus. She had an alligator, a bear, a wizard, a Daddy (who reads), a Mommy (who shushes), a baby, a big girl (who plays), and a Dinosaur. Until suddenly in the middle of the dinosaur stomp stomp stomping, Ada stops mid stanza with a request: "Can we turn on the radio? Loud?"

Apparently everyone is a critic.

No comments: