Friday, April 15, 2011

awareness

I've often been asked - how long will you write Adabeta? Basically, when do you stop broadcasting all of Ada's most embarrassing moments across the world wide web?

To be honest I have always had two alternatives in my head. 


1) When she figures out what I'm doing and politely asks me to stop, or yells that she hates me, stomps off to her room and slams her door with authority. I call this the 'When Ada asks me to' option.  


OR

2) When she gets old enough to know you only post funny non-incriminating stories on the web, I'd hand the blog over to her to continue on in her own voice. I call this the 'Only in my dreams' option. 


Well a couple of days ago Ada was sitting on my lap and I had this blog up on my browser and she asked me what I was reading. When I told her it was stories about her that Daddy and I had written she got VERY curious. And she asked for me to read her a story, and then another one, and then another one. 


For the record she was partial to the Natalie Sunshine post from a few days ago. If I had to guess, I'd say that isn't the last of good old Natalie.. 


I thought it was just a one time curiosity but then last night as we were hanging out before I ran off to class she asked me to read her a story, a story from my computer. And so we did, we read about Ada growing up. 


This has been so much fun for me. I will be honest - I usually throw my posts up, read them through once or twice to make sure it looks OK and then forget about it. But this week we have gone all the way back to the beginning and it has been so amazing to remember where my mind was 2 and 3 years ago, and even more amazing to remember what Ada was like, you know, back when she was 3! 


Bonus Points to anyone who got that last reference... you are truly a dedicated reader.

No comments: