Wednesday, January 9, 2008

welcome back

This is my third attempt to write a new blog to kick off 2008 and if the first few weeks of the year are any indication - we are in for one long long year. Not all bad, just very busy. Ada getting older does not help with the equation, because as she gets older she actually notices when we aren't paying attention to her, and, well, that is just NOT acceptable.

Unfortunately, I have been traveling all week so I only have one fresh story to tell. When I called home last night Ada was still awake and as she has been thrilled to have Daddy all to herself, when he was occupied with the phone she was insisting on dragging him all over the house, squawking away and insisting on his undivided attention. Of course as her Mom I was trying to figure out ways to resolve her anger while at the same time trying to form some sort of bond with her over the phone, so I turned to my latest cure all, singing "The farmer and the Del". Apparently, she recognized my off key voice and stopped nagging Elliot, stopped squawking, and stopped trying to distract him from our conversation. Instead she started dancing, bopping her upper body back and forth, clapping and just generally taking in the song. This of course made me not feel so bad about missing her all week and felt like I was actually able to have one moment of bonding, however short.


Of course this is all dependant on Elliot's account of the story. For all I know she grew bored of us both and wandered off to her room to throw sock balls at herself, but for my sanity I'm going to go with the happy bopping version.

No comments: