Friday, December 21, 2007

peas

I have mentioned before that Ada's daycare teaches the kids different signs. Two of the early signs were 'Please' and 'Thank You'. She never seemed to pick up either of these signs, although she will occasionally say 'Dank Do' when we ask her to. Well the other night in the car on the way home she was demanding some animal crackers. Before I handed them back to her I instinctively asked her to say 'Please'; and before I knew what was happening she was rubbing her chest (the sign for 'Please'). I thought it might be a fluke so the next time she asked for more crackers I asked again. This time she did the sign AND said 'Peas'. I could not have been more proud. FINALLY, my crazy, neurotic, incessant requests for politeness were granted. Not that she really knows that she is being polite - but I'll take 'figured out how to manipulate cookies out of Mom', too.

No comments: