Tuesday, May 19, 2009

tidbits

Just a few tidbits about Ada today...

Scarred for life
As I mentioned in a previous post - we FORCED Ada to wear shorts and a t-shirt to school the other day. We didn't warn her the night before but we did manage to get the first word in that morning and that scarred Ada for life. Now, every morning, the first thing she does after opening her eyes is not smile at the morning sun shining in through her window, or ask for five more minutes to snooze. NOPE. Instead she opens her eyes, and as she is focusing her eyes and looking at me, she says in her quiet morning voice, "I want to wear a dress today", getting it in there before I can possibly think to mention that maybe she should try out the butterfly t-shirt and pink shorts today.

I'm guessing that she will stop this routine when she leaves for college and is convinced that I no longer have any control over what she wears to school each day...

You say tomAto I say tomato
Ada is very good at getting dressed in the morning just as long as we let her wear a dress. However she is so afraid that I just might try to get her to wear something that is not a dress that she even refuses to wear undergarments if I insist on calling them 'underpants' rather than what those crazy Canucks call them, "underwear". Ada prefers the Canadian version over the So Cal Valley Girl version, but mostly because she can't stand the idea of wearing anything that might be considered pants.

Lady GaGa - Watch OUT!

1 comment:

SeaDog said...

You keep all of sane!