Thursday, July 16, 2009

Diva

One of Ada's new fascinations is learning people's names, or as Ada would say it, "what is him/her called?"

Last night as we were watching the latest episode of So You Think You Can Dance Ada kept asking what each dancers name was, and after a few of the names she asked me what their last name was. I was thrown a little bit because to this point Ada hasn't shown any sign that she actually knows what a last name is let alone an iota of care about what a person's last name might be. And I certainly have no idea what Randi's last name is and while I normally might have come up with something witty I was tired and uncreative so I just told her that Randi didn't have a last name - she was just Randi.

Ada seemed to take that at face value and stopped her inquisition for a moment, long enough for me to ask her what her last name was... She turned to me and said, my name is just ADA, I don't have a last name. When I tried to convince her that she did indeed have a last name, even repeating it several times, and drawing it out slowly she stuck to her original statement. NOPE, no last name, she was definitely just ADA.

Our little Diva!

No comments: