Monday, July 20, 2009

speller

The other night Ada and I were hanging out on the bed chatting, Elliot was busying himself around the house coming in and out of the room and after one of his departures Ada turned to me and asked, "How is his name?" Thinking she was asking what his name was I told her that she calls him Daddy but I call him Elliot. She looked at me a little funny and said, "No, E..R..I..C".

While she was totally wrong, going with Eric in our family makes you right more times than not. I credit her spelling with her obsession with Big Eric (her uncle) and Little Eric (her cousin) when we sing the name song where we spell out different people's names. But as her MOM, I had a little proud moment, she actually spelled something, on her own, and it has been months since we sang the name song so this was TOTALLY huge!

No comments: