Friday, September 7, 2007

buddies

From the very early days of daycare, Ada's teachers have told us that she has a buddy, Reese. When they were younger they would play side by side and now that they are older they play with the same toys and with each other more and more.

Today I had an early meeting and was actually able to get out of the house a few minutes early so when I dropped Ada off I took some time to sit and play with her. She has been clingy at drop-off these days and I thought this would help her out a little bit. Her initial reaction seemed to support this thought as she sat in my lap as I played with a toy. They have such cool toys at daycare.

This lasted a whole 10 seconds, until Ada noticed that Reese was toddling over to us. Reese stopped a couple of feet in front of us and Ada stood up and toddled over to Reese and they sort of looked each other over and then turned and walked away together... And then tripped over the same toy.

No comments: