Friday, September 14, 2007

growing

Ada's bedtime routine always starts with play time in her room with both Mom and Dad right after she finishes her dinner. Last night I had to skip play time to get some work done, and Ada's Nonna Donna had called so Elliot decided to take Ada into her room, let her play, and call Donna on speaker phone so Ada could hear her. Ada had been a little more cranky than normal during dinner and was rubbing her eyes a lot so I figured it would only be a few minutes before Elliot called me in to nurse Ada before putting her down for the night. As I worked away I kept thinking - boy Ada sure is being well behaved, I wonder what she is playing with. Finally, I heard Elliot hang up the phone, open the door and then he called to me. I had to see something in Ada's room. Minutes into the call, Ada had curled up on her Daddy and after trying a few positions settled between his legs and was zonked out for the night. She didn't show any signs of waking up while Elliot put on her PJs and put her to bed. She was experiencing some deep, body building sleep. And this morning, after having her morning nursing session she kept wanting to slide off the bed to the floor. Trying to tell me, Look mama - I totally grew last night. Yeah, my best guess would be about two inches (!!).

No comments: