Tuesday, September 4, 2007

proper motivation

Elliot and I decided to fight the heat last night by getting smoothies from Jamba Juice. Ada had taken a really long (yay!) nap late in the day (boo!) so she was full of energy and we thought the trip out would be a good change of scenery. I order all fruit smoothies so that I can share with Ada. Usually she will put the straw in her mouth and bite off the smoothie that is near the top. Occasionally she will accidentally suck through the straw and get more of the delicious fruit concoction, but every time we put water in her sippy cup that has a straw she ignores it completely. Well last night Ada seemed to really grasp the straw sucking concept so I poured some of my Peach Perfection into her straw sippy cup and what do you think happened? Yup. Suckage. Turns out it wasn't a question of understanding the concept, but wanting the contents.

No comments: