Thursday, October 11, 2007

my favorite things

Well not all of them, but I've been reminding myself of a couple of my favorite Ada things lately due to her recent bouts of Independence.

Ada has an infectious smile. She smiles with her whole body. You can see it forming in her belly and just bursting out to her toes and fingers and her face. She is so generous with her smiles, I usually have to just make a silly face and she bestows one on me.

Ada's real laugh. She has become a great fake laugher, but on the rare occasions when she lets out a real one - watch out. Like her smile it encompasses her full body and it looks like she might actually explode if she lets it go on any longer.

Ada's obsession with shoes. Ada loves shoes. She likes to watch Elliot and I put them on and take them off. She likes us to put our shoes on her. And she will find a pair of her shoes and bring them over to us so that we can put them on her. She loves shoes.

Ada's kissy face. She doesn't actually make the kissy face when she wants a kiss, she just makes it when she wants to make us laugh. I think of it as her "What you talkin' about Willis" face. Just super cute and it always ends with a smile (see above).

And most of all, I love Ada cuddles. She isn't much of a cuddler, in fact I'll often try to cuddle up with her only to be kicked in the stomach, but when she decides she wants some love, she will snuggle her head into your neck and all the problems in the world melt away.

So tonight when Ada starts to hold her breath because I try to get her to eat chicken, I'll just remember all of my favorite things, and as the song says, then I won't feel soooooo bad.

No comments: