Thursday, October 18, 2007

shoes

I've mentioned Ada's love of shoes before, and I take full blame for her obsession. There was a few weeks where I couldn't pass a pair of miniature shoes without picking them up and cooing to Elliot about how cute they were and that Ada HAD to have them. So our 14 month old has, I think, seven pairs of shoes. This might explain why Ada cannot pass a pair of shoes, big or small, without succumbing to the urge to put that shoe on. We spent most of Ada's bedtime play time last night putting on a pair of shoes just handed down to her from her cousin Maia. They are 3 sizes to big but that didn't stop Ada - on and off, on and off, on and off. I'm hoping this obsession with shoes will lead to her being able to dress herself soon. But I'm guessing it will probably just lead to more obstacles for us to dodge in the hallway, in her room, and around her crib. And, really, I have only myself to blame.

No comments: