Friday, November 9, 2007

imagination

Last night when I called home to talk to Elliot and Ada it dawned on me that without the distractions of flying chicken nuggets or constantly running around cuteness, talking to Ada on the phone allows me to focus on what she is actually "saying". And usually her babbles sounded exactly like her babbles at home, but every so often I would ask a directed question to Elliot and I swear I would hear Ada answer with a clear and relavent answer.

"How did picture day go?"

"Not so well, I guess"


I'm sure it was really more like "Na na so ga ga" but my baby deprived mind tapped into my over active imagination and added full language skills to Ada's ever growing list of attributes. Or did it? Maybe Elliot is such a great parent that he was able to teach Ada how to construct a full sentance with proper inflection with all of the extra one on one Ada time he has had this week.

No comments: