Thursday, November 8, 2007

missing you

I have been out of town on a business trip since Tuesday afternoon. This has been the longest I've been away from Ada - EVER. By far the hardest part was when Elliot and Ada dropped me off at the airport. Most of the ride was OK. Ada and I made faces at each other, we sang along to Banana Phone, and clapped our hands many times over. The horrible part started when we got to the airport. When Ada saw the line of cars, and the loved ones hugging goodbye she put two and two together and realized that either Mom and Dad were leaving or that we were going to force her to sit still, on a plane, for hours and then spend the night sleeping in a strange place. I'm not sure which one would be worse, but whatever it was, caused major turmoil. She screamed, and yelled, and moaned, and then screamed some more. No amount of kisses would calm her. And as Elliot and I kissed goodbye on the curb it was highlighted by an extra loud scream from Ada that rose above the sounds of traffic and creeped out of the confines of the completely shut car. Apparently this didn't last long but it did make the walking into the airport extra hard.

I guess Ada spent some time on Tuesday night wandering around the house looking for me, which totally makes me feel loved. But other than that she seems to be totally enjoying her Daddy time. After all he lets her stay up as late as she wants and eat chocolate for breakfast. :P

When I called home last night both Elliot and Ada seemed to be doing OK. Since Ada was still up Elliot put me on speaker phone and Ada and I had our first phone conversation. It was full of babbles, and kisses, and baby interpretations of the word "Yellow". It was absolutely delightful, well, until Ada hung up on me.

No comments: