Thursday, November 13, 2008

bring it home, mama

Ada has recently started saying, "Bring it home". I'm sure this came from a shopping trip where we asked her if she wanted to bring something home, but for some reason she always just brings it up randomly when we are in the car - most of the time while we are actually on our way home.

Not really knowing what her motivation is behind the exclamation "Bring it home" we've started to have the following conversation:

Ada: Bring it home
Me: Ada, do you want me to bring it home?
Ada: YES
Me: Ok, say, bring it home mama
Ada: Bring it home (pause) MAMA
Me: Dun dun dun da bab bab do grrr grr gr grrrr raaararrarraaaaa (my take on a band wrapping up a set)

We have done this a couple of times and last night on our way home Ada started the "Bring it home" routine, but when I started my wrapping it up section I had to suddenly stop. There was a little voice coming from the back seat (a very concentrated voice): "Dun dun dun dur dur dur dun grr grr dun dun da da da dur dur dun..."

On a night where we really needed a little light heartedness in our lives, Ada brought it home.

No comments: