Tuesday, November 11, 2008

creative parenting

Ada has two pairs of princess sunglasses, however, she cannot find either of these pairs. This makes drives to and from daycare difficult in the brown car.

Well, this morning Elliot gave Ada and I a ride to work/school and loaded up everything in the brown car so Ada was out of luck. She seemed to be doing OK until we hit the sun spot and she started crying for sunglasses. I searched through the muck on the floor of the backseat and came out empty handed, except for a bucket from Sea World. What was I going to do with the bucket you ask? Well, Ada likes to put stuff on her head, and hide behind stuff so I pulled out the bucket and said, "Ada, I couldn't find your sunglasses but I do have this bucket." Not having any idea how she would take it, I waited. And then, a little hesitant, "Bucket, yeaaahhh" came out. So she spent the rest of the ride in holding the bucket up to her face, and putting her toys and breakfast into the bucket and taking it out.

Not a moment that will win me World's Greatest Mom - but it might get me an honorable mention for World's most creative mom...

No comments: