Monday, November 24, 2008

caretaker

On Friday night I had a collision in my soccer game that resulted in a pretty gnarly laceration on the inside of my lip and a pretty large gash in my upper lip. Ada's first reaction was 'ewwwwww' and rightfully so - I looked nothing like what her mommy normally looks like. But shortly after this initial reaction she became really interested and wanted to do everything she could do to help. So for the course of the weekend Ada stated very astutely, "Mommy big owie" and slowly she started to get more daring, kissing the air near my head, getting up close to really examine the wound on the outside of my lip, letting me kiss her good night. Finally after a weekend full of getting THIS close to my owie, Ada decided that for the good of my health she was going to have to bite the bullet and kiss my actual owie if there was any hope of it healing anytime soon. So she mustered up the courage, and quickly kissed the cut on my lip in the same fashion she kisses her knee when she has an invisible owie. When she was finished she gave me a look that told me not to worry - my lip would be healing in no time.

No comments: