Tuesday, March 8, 2011

shopaholic

I'm a busy busy mom. I work full time. I go to school. I try to exercise when I can. And on top of it all, deep down I am a woman. I like shopping. I don't really like the trying on of stuff, but I do enjoy a nice session of window shopping. Since I don't really have any leisure time to wander around malls or through shopping districts I have turned to the web to do my window shopping. Let's face it, the web is sort of a mecca for window shoppers. If only someone could invent a way to feel texture through the web and provide the essence of relaxing, the experience would be just about perfect.

This little habit is pretty safe when shopping for stuff for me. See, women's clothing, shoes, jewelry, and accessories are pretty expensive, or at least they are usually priced over my strike price.

Enter a discount site for designer labels, a unique collection of little girl dresses priced like little girl dresses should be, and mini-fashionista at home that wears nothing but dresses and I'll admit it - I've occasionally crossed that line into purchasing. Now, I'm smart, I know Ada's preferences in dresses, I buy dresses two sizes too big so she can wear them as ankle length dresses, mid calf dresses, and cute - just above the knee dresses. And when all is said and done, we get a good 2 years out of these articles of clothing. But apparently Ada has had enough. For now.

She informed me this weekend that I was, under no circumstances, to order her any more dresses. (To the 16 year old version of Ada who is just dying because I won't buy her that $200 dress for prom and is reading this on my directive - I told you so!)

I'm still not 100% convinced she doesn't want any more dresses. I'm thinking she decided that this might be a good way to break her disdain for my fashion sense to me gently.

No comments: