Monday, February 28, 2011

weekend snuggles

I've talked a bit about how weekends are full of special Ada/Mommy time. We hang out together, do our homework together, go to the park, etc..

This weekend was rainy in San Diego. And cold. (stop laughing) So we spent a lot of time inside doing inside things.

One of the many things we did was subject Ada to the latest SDSU basketball game. This is quite a season for SDSU and since Elliot graduated from there and I'm currently attending we felt a little pull to watch. So we recorded the game (Ada had skating class during the live broadcast), and Ada, bless her heart, spent the whole game cheering for BYU - she apparently likes winners.

After the game, we had all sorts of intentions of productivity. Instead we took a nap. A three hour nap. All of us. Elliot on the recliner, Ada and I on the couch.

Yes. You read that correctly. Our anti-snuggle munch-kin who will normally put up with a maximum of 3 - 4 minutes of close snuggling before physically removing herself from the situation. Watched me fall asleep, found a comfy position, and snuggled in for the duration. I woke up to her arms and legs draped warmly over me, like I was one giant stuffed animal.

I'm not sure why Ada overlooked her long standing cuddling policy but I for one was grateful. Even if it meant I had warm goldfish breath in my face until she woke up.

No comments: