Monday, July 28, 2008

ada loves taylor

We had the good fortune to watch Taylor (Ada's cousin) on Sunday afternoon for a little lunch and nap time. The girls really enjoyed riding in the car together, swapping car seats for the afternoon, shared some lunch, and were the picture of chumminess while they shared sippy cups, forks, and chairs. And as we counted down the final five minutes of play time before nap time, they took turns focusing the play on one toy or the other. I LOVE watching them play together, such a difference from Christmas time when they were both learning to share. Once we got to the final 30 seconds of play time before nap time, Ada ran back to her room, yelling for Taylor to follow her - and she did. I curiously followed, to see what Ada had in mind, and to my shock, she was standing there, grasping her crib, anxiously waiting for me to lift her up into the crib so she could start her nap. I can verify that this is THE most excited she has ever been to take a nap. Once I lifted her up and into her crib I found out why she was so excited. Once she was lying down with her blanket, she was still bursting with with excitement as she patted the mattress next to her and said, "Laylor, Laylor". Taylor was not as much on board, but the look on Ada's face is one I think I'll see plenty of times in the future when Ada and Taylor work Julie and I over, plotting for sleepovers where they can stay up all night whispering and giggling and sneaking into the kitchen to raid all the junk food.

No comments: